1,700 displaced families in Syria’s Kobani registered for return home  

KOBANI, Syria (North Press) – More than 1,700 displaced families from Raqqa Governorate registered in Kobani and its surrounding countryside, northern Syria, as part of efforts to facilitate their return to their homes, a member of the Raqqa and Tel Abyad Displaced Persons Committee said on Wednesday.

Sobhi Mohammed told North Press that the registered families originate from the cities and areas of Raqqa, Ain Issa, and Tabqa, adding that the registration process is being conducted in coordination with the governor of Raqqa and local committees established in the governorate.

Mohammed said the registration campaign for displaced residents wishing to make a safe return to their areas of origin began earlier this week.

He noted that most of the displaced families from Raqqa were forced to leave their homes on Jan. 18, 2026.

The committee member also announced that registration will begin on Thursday for displaced residents from Tel Abyad who have been living in Kobani and its countryside since their displacement in 2019 and who wish to return to their towns and villages.

Mohammed added that facilitating the return of displaced people is part of every citizen’s right to return to their home region.

He added that no date has yet been set for the return of the registered families, explaining that a timetable will be determined once the registration and assessment process is completed.

By Fattah Issa