QAMISHLI, Syria (North Press) – Syria’s Foreign Ministry condemned on Monday what it described as recent Iranian attacks targeting Kuwait, expressing full solidarity with the Gulf state and support for its security and territorial integrity.
The statement came after Kuwaiti authorities announced earlier in the day that the country had intercepted missiles and drones. Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) later said it had targeted a US military base in Kuwait that it claimed had been used to launch attacks against Iran over the previous two days.
In an official statement, the Syrian Foreign Ministry said, “The Syrian Arab Republic condemns the recent Iranian attacks that targeted the sisterly State of Kuwait, which constitute a violation of its security, stability, and sovereignty.”
The ministry added that Syria “stands alongside the sisterly State of Kuwait, its leadership, government, and people, and expresses its solidarity in confronting any threat that affects its security and the safety of its territory.”
The statement further stressed Syria’s rejection of actions that threaten the stability and security of Arab countries.
“Syria reaffirms its full condemnation of any escalation that threatens the security and stability of Arab states and stands with the sisterly State of Kuwait in preserving its national security, sovereignty, and stability,” the ministry said.
The remarks were issued amid heightened regional tensions following a series of military developments involving Iran, the United States, and their allies across the Middle East.