Jordanian airstrikes wound civilian in Syria’s Suwayda
QAMISHLI, Syria (North Press) – A civilian was injured on Sunday after Jordanian Armed Forces airstrikes struck several locations in the countryside of Suwayda in southern Syria.
Sources said the Jordanian warplanes on Saturday targeted areas in the towns of Arman, Tel al-Loz, Malah, al-Hawiya, Busan and the city of Shahba, hitting houses, farms and other sites. A young man from the town of Busan was wounded after a strike hit a house during the bombardment.
The Jordanian Armed Forces had announced earlier that it carried out a series of strikes against sites it said were used for arms and drug smuggling near its northern border.
Jordan has increasingly used airstrikes and other military measures against smuggling networks in southern Syria amid growing concern over cross-border illicit trade, particularly in the highly addictive amphetamine known as Captagon.
Syrian state media reported that Jordan struck suspected drug and weapons storage sites in Suwayda countryside, including warehouses and a facility it said was linked to armed groups outside the control of Damascus.