Syrian authorities announce dismantling of assassination cell in Hama

QAMISHLI, Syria (North Press) – Syrian authorities announced on Sunday that internal security forces had dismantled what they described as a criminal cell involved in carrying out assassinations in the al-Ghab area of Hama governorate, according to the Ministry of Interior.

The ministry said internal security forces in Hama governorate arrested all seven members of the group during a security operation, according to statements carried by the state-run Syrian Al-Ikhbariya TV.

A source at the Ministry of Interior told the broadcaster that investigations confirmed the involvement of one of the detainees in the killing of a resident from the town of Salhab. The incident had previously been documented in a circulated video, the source said.

The ministry added that security operations in the al-Ghab area are continuing in an effort to identify and apprehend additional individuals allegedly linked to the dismantled cell.

The Ministry of Interior did not provide further details regarding the identities of the suspects, the timing of the arrests, or the motive behind the alleged assassinations.

The announcement comes as Syrian authorities continue security operations in several parts of the country targeting criminal networks and armed groups.

By Atoun Jan