Suspected Coalition airstrikes kill two in northwestern Syria

IDLIB, Syria (North Press) – Several airstrikes believed to have been carried out by the U.S.-led Global Coalition targeted areas in northwestern Syria on Friday evening, killing two people, including a former commander of an armed faction.

Local sources told North Press that aircraft believed to belong to the Global Coalition struck a man traveling on a motorcycle along the road connecting Tel Adeh with Mashhad Ruhin in Idlib countryside.

The sources said the strike was carried out using two guided missiles, killing the individual instantly.

They added that two other explosions targeted vehicles in the Sheikh Barakat mountain area in western Aleppo countryside.

According to the sources, aircraft later launched additional strikes shortly after midnight on Friday, targeting a site in the al-Zainiyah area near Jisr al-Shughur in western Idlib. The location had previously been used by militants of the Turkistan Islamic Party.

Local reports indicated that one of the strikes killed a senior figure affiliated with the now-disbanded group Hurras al-Din, formerly linked to al-Qaeda.

By Malin Mohammed