Trump says 48 Iranian officials killed in ongoing strikes

QAMISHLI, Syria (North Press) – US President Donald Trump said on Sunday that 48 Iranian officials have been killed so far, indicating that the joint US-Israeli attack on Iran is “progressing rapidly,” according to Fox News.

Trump told CNBC that US military operations against Iran are “moving faster than the scheduled timeline” and stated that the United States knows the number of remaining targets.

For the second consecutive day, the US-Israeli strikes have thrown Iran into disarray, particularly following the death of the country’s Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei. Exchanges of fire continue between the two sides.

A building inhabited by Israelis was struck by an Iranian rocket. The missile strike in Beit Shemesh, near Jerusalem, resulted in nine deaths and 57 injuries, while 20 people remain missing under the rubble, according to a correspondent for al-Arabiya in Israel.

The Israeli military stated that “rescue and search forces of the Home Front Command are currently operating at the site of the rocket impact in Beit Shemesh.”

By Atoun Jan