Barzani Charity continues efforts to deliver aid to besieged Kobani
QAMISHLI, Syria (North Press) – The Barzani Charity Foundation said on Wednesday during a press conference that it continues its efforts to deliver humanitarian aid to the city of Kobani, northern Syria.
Rawaj Haji, a member of the Foundation’s administrative board, said, “Our attempts to reach Kobani are ongoing. The aid is ready, and we currently have 21 trucks loaded with relief supplies. Once we have access, we will deliver the aid to Kobani.”
Haji added that the Foundation is awaiting authorization to open an official and secure route to deliver assistance to the city, noting that an additional 50 trucks of aid are also prepared and ready to be sent to Kobani.
“Our goal is not only to deliver aid, but also to open an office in Kobani. In other words, we are fully prepared, but approval to enter the city has not yet been granted,” he said.
The charity official stated that a total of 321 aid trucks have so far arrived in the region and have been distributed among displaced people sheltering in schools, mosques, and residential neighborhoods across Hasakah Governorate.
According to Haji, assistance has been distributed to 9,664 families currently housed in 296 schools across the Derik (al-Malikiyah), Tirbe Spiyeh (al-Qahtaniya), Girke Lege (Maabadeh), Chel Agha (al-Jawadiyah), Qamishli, Amuda, Derbasiyah, and Hasakah.
He also noted that fuel assistance was provided to 8,908 displaced families in schools and neighborhoods, adding that medical teams have delivered healthcare services to 5,500 people and will continue doing so in coordination with official institutions in the Kurdish regions.