SDF, Damascus sign immediate nationwide ceasefire to halt fighting now 

HASAKAH, Syria (North Press) – Commander-in-Chief of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), Mazloum Abdi, said late Sunday that an agreement had been signed with Syria’s transitional government to halt the war, stressing that “the war was imposed on us.”

In a video statement, Abdi added: “The war was imposed on us despite our desire to stop the attacks, but several parties had planned these assaults.”

He explained that a new agreement had been signed with Damascus “to stop the bloodshed.”

Earlier on Sunday evening, Syrian President Ahmad al-Sharaa announced the signing of a “comprehensive and immediate ceasefire on all fronts and contact lines between Syrian government forces and the Syrian Democratic Forces.”

Mazloum Abdi said: “After we return from Damascus, we will explain the terms and details of the agreement to our people.”

He concluded: “I believe our people and our friends will understand our position and support us.”

By Abdulsalam Khoja