Trump says U.S. will retaliate against ISIS If attacked again

QAMISHLI, Syria (North Press) – U.S. President Donald Trump said on Saturday that the United States would retaliate against the Islamic State (ISIS) if its forces are attacked again, following the killing of three American personnel in Syria.

Earlier on Saturday, U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) announced that two U.S. soldiers and one U.S. civilian were killed, while three other service members were wounded, in an ambush carried out by an ISIS gunman in Syria.

Speaking to reporters outside the White House, Trump said:  “We mourn the loss of three Great American Patriots in Syria, two soldiers, and one Civilian Interpreter. Likewise, we pray for the three injured soldiers who, it has just been confirmed, are doing well.”

Trump added saying:  “This was an ISIS attack against the U.S., and Syria, in a very dangerous part of Syria, that is not fully controlled by them. The President of Syria, Ahmed al-Sharaa, is extremely angry and disturbed by this attack. There will be very serious retaliation. Thank you for your attention to this matter.”

By Atoun Jan