Syria says Damascus blasts injure 18, Macron’s visit unaffected

DAMASCUS, Syria (North Press) – Syria’s Interior Ministry on Tuesday said the explosions that struck Damascus occurred outside the security perimeter designated for French President Emmanuel Macron’s visit and posed no direct threat to his residence or official schedule.

According to the ministry, the blasts did not affect Macron’s official visit, which is continuing as planned.

The Interior Ministry said 18 people were injured in the explosions, including four police officers.

Preliminary findings indicate that two improvised explosive devices were used in the attack. One device had been placed inside a parked vehicle, while the second was concealed in a garbage container, the ministry said.

Authorities added that investigations are ongoing to determine the circumstances surrounding the attack and identify those responsible.

By Taysir Mohammed