AANES official says 292 families displaced from Sheikh Maqsoud to NE Syria
Hasakah, Syria (North Press) – An official from the Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria (AANES) told North Press on Wednesday that 292 Kurdish families from the Sheikh Maqsoud and Ashrafiyeh neighborhoods in Aleppo have arrived in areas of North and East Syria over the past few days.
The displacement followed attacks launched last week by factions affiliated with the Ministry of Defense of the Syrian transitional government on the Kurdish neighborhoods of Sheikh Maqsoud and Ashrafiyeh in Aleppo, triggering large-scale displacement after days of intense clashes.
Sheikhmous Ahmad, Co-Chair of the AANES’ Office for IDPs and Refugees, told North Press that 292 families have reached North and East Syria so far.
He said the families were distributed across several cities in northeastern Syria, including 93 families in Hasakah, 84 in Qamishli, 74 in Tabqa, 28 in Raqqa, and 13 in Kobani.
Ahmad noted that the total number of displaced families amounts to nearly 1,000 individuals, adding that the figure is likely to increase as more families continue to arrive in areas administered by the AANES.
He also pointed out that the displaced families are living under difficult humanitarian conditions due to a shortage of relief and humanitarian assistance.