U.S. Envoy, Jordan FM stress March 10 agreement, Ceasefire in Aleppo

ALEPPO, Syria (North Press) – U.S. Special Envoy for Syria Thomas Barrack said on Saturday that he discussed developments in Syria, particularly the situation in Aleppo, with Jordanian Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi.

Barrack said the talks emphasized the need to implement the March 10 agreement signed between Syria’s Transitional President Ahmad al-Sharaa and Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) Commander-in-Chief General Mazloum Abdi.

In a post on X, Barrack stated that both sides stressed “the need for the immediate implementation of the March 10, 2025 Agreement, which both the Syrian government and the Syrian Democratic Forces have previously committed to.”

He added that discussions also covered the situation in Aleppo, noting that Jordan and the United States reaffirmed their commitment to supporting efforts aimed at consolidating a ceasefire and ensuring the peaceful withdrawal of SDF forces from the city.

Barrack indicated that the meeting addressed the latest developments in Syria within the framework of ongoing cooperation and coordination to support the Syrian government’s efforts to ensure the country’s security, sovereignty, unity, and stability, as well as to protect the rights and safety of all Syrian citizens.

The U.S. envoy also pointed out that the talks underscored continued joint efforts to implement the roadmap to end the crisis in Suwayda, achieve stability in southern Syria, and reach a comprehensive solution to the situation in the province.

By Abdulsalam Khoja