Barrack says talks with Netanyahu focused on regional stability
QAMISHLI, Syria (North Press) – The US special envoy to Syria, Tom Barrack, said on Monday that his meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu included what he described as a “constructive dialogue” aimed at achieving peace and regional stability.
Barrack made the statement following talks held earlier in the day with Netanyahu, according to official remarks released after the meeting. “The meeting witnessed a constructive dialogue that aimed at achieving peace and regional stability,” Barrack said, without providing further details on specific outcomes or agreements.
The meeting brought together senior officials from both sides. From the Israeli side, participants included Foreign Minister Gideon Sa’ar, Acting Head of the National Security Council Gil Reich, the military secretary to the prime minister Major General Roman Gofman, and Israel’s ambassador to the United States, Yechiel Leiter. The US ambassador to Israel, Mike Huckabee, also attended the meeting.
Barrack currently serves as both the US ambassador to Turkey and Washington’s special envoy to Syria, a role that involves engagement with regional actors on security, humanitarian, and political files related to the Syrian conflict.
Earlier on Monday, Hebrew-language media outlets reported that Barrack was expected to outline what they described as “red lines” regarding Israeli activity in Syria during his meeting with Netanyahu. No official confirmation of such discussions was provided by either side following the talks.
The meeting comes amid continued regional tensions linked to developments in Syria, where multiple international and regional actors remain involved. Diplomatic contacts involving Syria-related files have intensified in recent months, alongside ongoing efforts by various parties to address security concerns and prevent further escalation.