Syrian government receives regional reinforcements amid escalation  

ALEPPO, Syria (North Press) – An officer in the Syrian government forces said on Tuesday that regional reinforcements, including fighters from Iraq and Lebanese Hezbollah as well as Egyptian military equipment, have arrived in Syria to support the government forces in their ongoing battles in Aleppo, Idlib, and Hama.

The officer told North Press that hundreds of militants of Hezbollah and Iraq’s Harakat Hezbollah al-Nujaba have entered Syrian territory to strengthen the government forces in their confrontations with Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) and factions of the Turkish-backed Syrian National Army (SNA).

In addition, military equipment and vehicles supplied by Egypt have been delivered to bolster government operations.

The officer also disclosed that the government leadership has communicated the existence of “Arab support for the Syrian government aimed at reclaiming areas controlled by armed factions.”

Further strategic changes have been implemented within the ranks of the government forces. Leadership of the Division 25, a unit tied to Air Force Intelligence, has been handed back to Suhail al-Hassan after his appointment as the commander of the government Special Forces earlier this year.

Moreover, Javad Ghaffari, senior IRGC Quds Force commander nicknamed the “Butcher of Aleppo”, has been reinstated as the leader of Iranian forces in Syria, while the Russian military command in the country has been replaced.

Meanwhile, fierce clashes continue between the government forces, the HTS, and other Turkish-backed SNA factions in the northeastern countryside of Hama. This follows claims by the SNA factions that they have seized full control of Idlib and significant parts of Aleppo.

By Ardo Juweid